Better late than never, right? RIGHT?!?
Monday: Slow cooker BBQ Pork and Broccoli Slaw
(This recipe is fabulous. It's my go-to for making dinner for other families. Husband eats his BBQ on Hawaiian rolls. Sofreakingood.)
Slaw: 1 bag of broccoli slaw, add 2 packets Splenda, 1/3 cup mayo, 1/4 red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp dried minced onion, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste!
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken and sauteed veggies
(Chicken marinated in italian dressing and crispy roasted okra.)
Wednesday: Thai Food
(Wednesday is going to be ballstastic for both of us so I decided some Drunken Noodles might help:-))
Thursday: Barbacoa Beef, Pico de Gallo, Avocado and lettuce bowls
(Spicy scrumptalescentness. I ALWAYS use Tapatio, canned diced chiles, and sometimes use a beer instead of water for the cooking liquid. I also quit browning the beef before putting it in the slow cooker because I never tasted a difference!)
Friday: PIZZA NIGHT! Woot!
Saturday: Paleo Fish and Chips with Red Pepper Remoulade
(Let's see how this turns out with the frozen fish fromt the Commissary. At least I know the "chips" will be amazing!)
Spicy sauce: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/baked-lump-crab-cakes-with-red-pepper.html
Sunday: Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops and Sauteed Veggies
(I got this idea from a recipe on AllRecipes but I'm using an Everyday Paleo pesto and winging it for the rest!)
- I almost always stick to the plan. Occasionally, I get hormonal/tired/lazy and have my husband bring home Thai food or Greek salads but usually my plan is pretty spot on.
- Friday is always pizza night/going out to eat. Without fail.
- I do not use circulars/sales/coupons when meal planning. Coupons are super hard to come by in the
- Because we are following the Paleo style of eating these menus are very protein heavy and cheese light. Husband still eats sour cream/cheese/bread as a side on occasion but I avoid them 98% of the time.
- The warm weather/time of year has us grilling out often!
- If Husband works a night or goes to a work event I DO NOT COOK. I don't enjoy cooking for just myself but heck, take-out for one is always fun!!