One of my favorite parts of the week is menu planning and making my shopping list. I search my Pinterest boards, blogs, and websites for new recipes but I usually include at least one "favorite" too!
I saw Laura post a Menu Monday last night and I thought, "what a great idea!" I loved her format so I let her know I was ripping her off:-) Cheers to Menu Monday and thanks iGriza for sharing!
Monday: Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Salads
(I make my own taco seasoning and serve chicken over lettuce with avocado, pico, and hot sauce.)http://allrecipes.com/recipe/salsa-chicken-burrito-filling/detail.aspx
Tuesday: Ribeye Steak and grilled asparagus
(A real treat! We bought steak at Sam's Club this weekend and I don't want to freeze it!)
Wednesday: Grilled chicken and Little Mama's Side Dish
(I've never made Little Mama's Side Dish but it got rave reviews. What's not to like about bacon and olives?!)
Thursday: Spaghetti squash with Meatballs and marinara
(Tip: Poke holes in your squash with a knife, bake for an hour at 350, remove and cool before slicing. So much easier than amputating fingers trying to open an uncooked squash!)
Friday: PIZZA NIGHT! Woot!
Saturday: Rosemary Balsamic Grilled Pork Chops & Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
(These pork chops are the best I've ever had. Definitely double the rosemary!)
Sunday: Wing it, think up something while shopping!
- I almost always stick to the plan. Occasionally, I get hormonal/tired/lazy and have my husband bring home Thai food or Greek salads but usually my plan is pretty spot on.
- Friday is always pizza night/going out to eat. Without fail.
- I usually shop on Sundays because the Commissary is closed on Mondays. This makes Sunday kind of a free day - we'll order out or I'll just pick something random while I'm at the store.
- I do not use circulars/sales/coupons when meal planning. Coupons are super hard to come by in the
- Because we are following the Paleo way of eating these menus are very protein heavy and cheese light. Husband still eats sour cream/cheese/bread as a side on occasion but I avoid them 98% of the time.
- The warm weather/time of year has us grilling out often!
- If Husband works a night or goes to a work event I DO NOT COOK. I don't enjoy cooking for just myself but heck, take-out for one is always fun!!